Monday, August 8, 2011

We're BACK! But First...

Hi!  It's been a while and I've really been remiss in keeping up the store and doing (at the very least) monthly interviews of people who have committed to living a creative life.  I'll get into that a bit more in my next post, but first I want to write about something very important.

Texas artist and musician Beth Odets is undergoing a risky, experimental procedure to remove a brain tumor.  For those of you not familiar with her work, she is one of the founders of the synagogue on Second Life.  She had created a beautiful virtual space for people from all over the world to congregate for Shabbat, fellowship and study. As the leader of "Fish Fry Bingo" she has also provided music lovers with many a night of good music.

For more information and details about some of the ongoing fundraisers, please visit Wayner James Au's blog,  .New World Notes.   I'm up to my nose, but I'll be putting up my own fundraiser to help out at the store within the next few days.


No comments: